The 37th Infantry Division’s history and accomplishments have been memorialized in several ways over the years.
Ohio State Route 3, also known as the 3C Highway, as it connects Cincinnati, Columbus and Cleveland, was dedicated as the 37th Division Memorial Highway in 1947.
On 22 August 1954, a sandstone monument honoring the veterans of the 37th Division was unveiled in Centerburg, the geographic center of Ohio. This monument was rededicated with a solid granite monument and illuminated flag pole on 22 August 2004, 50 years to the day of its original dedication.
An Ohio Bicentennial Marker, honoring the 37th Division for its service to state and country during Ohio’s 200 year history, was unveiled on the Ohio State House grounds on 26 October 2003.
There is a WWI 37th ID monument in Montgomery, AL, which commemorates the division’s time at Camp Sheridan. For more information about this memorial please launch the link below.